Cultural Investment Portfolio Grantees
Reporting Requirements and Deadlines for
Fiscal Year 2017
This section is intended for organizations receiving FY17 Cultural Investment Portfolio grants, including Cultural Affiliates and Gateway grantees.
Organizations that received an FY17 Project grant have different reporting requirements. FY17 Project grantees must complete their final report by June 1, 2017.
For full disbursement of the FY17 Cultural Investment Portfolio grant, grantees must continue to meet all eligibility requirements and additional terms stated in Attachment B of the grant contract package.
Questions about administration of a FY17 Cultural Investment Portfolio grant should be directed to the following MCC staff:
Sara S. Glidden, Program Manager
Cultural Affiliates: Cultural programs under a non-fully cultural parent organization
Michael W. Ibrahim, Program Manager
Small to Mid-Sized CIP Organizations
Cultural Affiliates: Cultural programs under a college, university, and/or secondary school
Kalyn C. King, Program Officer
Mid-Sized to Large CIP Organizations
FY17 Grant Timeline
||September 1, 2016
|Award packages mailed to grantee
|Contracts returned to MCC
||By February 1, 2017*
|First 80% of FY17 grant disbursed
||4-6 weeks after receipt of completed contract package
|FY17 Reporting Requirements Due
||CDP Deadline based on organization's Fiscal Year
Deadline for all reports: June 1, 2017, 11:59 PM EDT
|Final 20% of FY17 grant disbursed
||June 2017, upon completion of all FY17 Reporting Requirements
ORGANIZATIONS WITH CONTRACT HOLDS
SOME Portfolio grantees have outstanding requirements or eligibility issues that need to be resolved before the MCC is able to mail the award package. Grantees with holds will receive a letter in lieu of the award package in September.
*The reason for a contract hold must be resolved, and the grant contract package returned to the MCC by February 6, 2017 or the grantee’s FY17 grant will be canceled.
If the FY17 grant is canceled, the organization will be considered a “suspended” grantee, which will add additional requirements for any reinstatement of funding in the Cultural Investment Portfolio’s FY18.
FY17 Reporting Requirements
The following function as final reporting components for the FY17 Cultural Investment Portfolio grant, and as application components for FY18 Portfolio funding.
For ALL Cultural Investment Portfolio grantees in FY17:: -- Due June 1, 2017
- “Cultural Investment Portfolio – 2017/2018” Funder Report generated through Data Arts’ Cultural Data Project system
- Organizations that do not meet the annual Cultural Data Project requirement by Thursday June 1, 2017 (11:59pm ET), will have their FY18 grant amount cut by 10 percent.
- Organizations that still do not meet the annual Cultural Data Project requirement by Thursday, June 8, 2017 (11:59pm ET), will have their FY18 grant amount cut an additional 15 percent, to a total of 25 percent cut.
- If an organization remains non-compliant with the annual CDP requirement after Thursday, June 15, 2017 (11:59pm EST), the organization will be suspended from the FY18 pool and not be eligible for an FY18 Cultural Investment Portfolio grant.
- Use the CIP Management Tool to complete the following by June 1, 2017:
For SOME Portfolio grantees in FY17 (refer to Attachment A of your grant contract package):
- CIP Annual Report
The CIP Annual Report is a short narrative ‘check-in’ that asks about major changes to your mission, board, staff, and programming. For many grantees, this could take as little as a few minutes to complete. For others, this provides an opportunity to request needed support and assistance. The CIP Annual Report is due June 1, 2017.
- Acknowledge the MCC’s support, as per the Credit & Publicity Agreement
- Conduct and report on two advocacy activities
Please note: For FY17 CIP grants greater than $4,000, the final 20% will be disbursed in June 2017, upon completion of all FY17 Reporting Requirements. Failure to complete Reporting Requirements by June 1, 2017 will result in penalties applied to your FY18 CIP grant. Please see Attachment B of your contract package for additional details.Contract Requirements
3. Host a Colleagues Site Visit
4. For some organizations, senior staff participates on Site Visit Teams to fellow Portfolio organizations
Please contact the Contracts Officer for further information about any of the following: Signed Contract with Attachments -- Due February 6, 2017
Check your payment status.