On May 18, 2017 the appointed members of the Mass Cultural Council voted unanimously to adopt a new Strategic Plan for fiscal years 2018 to 2022. This plan was the result of more than eighteen months of work that engaged nearly 4,000 individuals in more than 300 cities and towns across the Commonwealth, including:
- Contracting with Maren Brown and Associates, who brought to the process deep expertise from prior planning work with the NEA and many state arts agencies,
- A Council retreat focused on long-range planning in October 2015, and subsequent formation of a Council Strategic Plan Committee to guide the planning process,
- A full staff planning retreat in August 2016,
- Research and community engagement throughout 2016 and 2017 that comprised:
- Background research of existing data and other relevant reports and studies,
- Two online surveys in two languages sent to more than 11,000 artists and organizations,
- Five focus groups,
- Six regional, in-person conversations,
- Twenty phone interviews with key partners and stakeholders.
- A daylong, full staff and Council retreat in March 2017.
Download the Strategic Plan for Fiscal Years 2018 - 2022